Thursday, July 3, 2014

Quieter Times


I wish to go back to a  Quieter Time,
To step from these changes, not walk that fine line
To jump from this tightrope suspended in space
Falling into your arms back to yesterday's place

To lie by your side on a lace afternoon
Our bodies awash in the glow of the room
The curtains alive from a soft salty breeze
The passing of Summer stirs the Autumnal leaves

From the porch of a seaside resort town hotel
To moments before parting into passion we fell
Never dreaming these decades of future would pass
Never seeing each other yet the memories last

Yet I in this aerial test can't turn 'round
If the balance is shattered I'll lose what I found
So I steady myself before moving ahead
Hearing echos of whispers of words we once said

Yes I wish to go back to the times spent with you
The best that I've known from the old or the new
So cherished these memories of love that we shared
That they balance my steps as I move thru the air....
h tomlinson

No comments:

Post a Comment